Monday, March 17, 2008

Easter Bunny!

One thing I've discovered as a parent is the holiday "season". While every holiday literally is just one day, once you have a child, every holiday morphs into it's own little holiday season, full of events and activities. Though Easter Sunday is still almost a week out, we've already had two Easter celebrations. Oh yeah, and my daughter is two. And not in school yet. Crazy! Honestly though, I get into it. Why, photo ops of course!

Our neighbors daughter is four, and one of Natalie's best friends, so we dressed up the girls and took them to the local chocolate shop where the Easter Bunny was waiting. The girls are too cute, if I do say so myself. Oh and Pete, if you're reading this, I did pick up a little something to bring out west this weekend...





After a treat for the girls, we stopped at the wine shop next door so we could get some treats for the adults. I am slowing stocking our wine bar with good wine so I will be all set once baby #2 arrives in July. I have no problems giving up wine in the short term, but lemme tell ya, I sure do miss it on days like today when darling daughter does not nap.

One question though, why is it that every holiday seems to involve candy? While I admit, this was great when I was a kid, as an adult, it has it's drawbacks. We try to limit Natalie's sugar intake to avoid melt downs. That means after each event, there is much leftover candy that is brought home. Now that I am not working full time, and Dean is working full time, but from home, we have no outlets for said candy. You know how it is, right after every holiday, your office is suddenly filled with baskets of candy around the water cooler. This usually lasts for about a week or so and by the end of it you're either craving a salad due to overindulgence or learning to keep your fat butt away from the water cooler for a few days to avoid temptation. Now, imagine this scenario: the water cooler is your kitchen, you are home throughout the day, you are 5 months pregnant and your daughter has recently given up naps. Yeah, it ain't pretty. Okay, off to get some chocolate, er, a glass of water...

1 comment:

Sherry said...

enjoy the trip west--where the grandparents can drape Natalie in chocolate and sweets. Hopefully you get reprieve and you don't get her back for at least 10 hours after the sugar high!