Tuesday, June 03, 2008

First Day of Preschool

I cannot believe it's already here. Dean and I dropped Natalie off at Montessori preschool this morning. She was so excited. With her brand new Hello Kitty lunch box in hand, wearing an outfit she picked out her own, and walking right past us out to the back towards the slides, I was struck by the fact that our baby is really no longer a baby. She's a little girl. Officially a pre-schooler. No tears for her, just excitement! My own eyes were filling as we left and I couldn't believe we've started the journey of school-dom. Yes, I know it's just preschool, but wow, where did the time go?

Of course I had to call to check on her and she was doing great. Since she's recently potty trained, I was worried she might have an accident. But the report was she'd already been to the potty once and told the teacher "Mommy says I have to wipe front to back. And I do whatever Mommy says." Who knew I had such authority! I'm just bursting with pride at how cute she is and that things we are attempting to teach her are actually sinking in.

Here she is with her new lunch box and checking out the slides as we were walking in.

lunchbox

viewing the slides

We celebrated when we got home by having her favorite treat, ice cream. She loved it all and did not want to leave when I picked her up. I'm so happy. Now, the question is, what am I going to do with myself for the next eight weeks while I actually have 2 mornings a week free. I'd better get busy really. Because soon we'll be back in the throws of newborn chaos and I know these quiet moments will seem a lifetime ago.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

oh she is darling!! what I wouldn't give for two free mornings!! enjoy, cause soon enough...you know

Tanya said...

"Mommy says I have to wipe front to back." Classic! I can't believe she's in preschool...they do grow up fast!